Monday, February 28, 2011

health update

So, I went to a new Dr. that I was told that he can help me with my fibro. I got there, and he did all kinds of tests and said.. Yes, I can help you. So... We are on our journey.
He started me out on progesterone, antivirals, and a shot of vitamins B12, D and Folate. Ya... a shot.. every other day. That's fun. I just figure, if it helps.. it will be worth it. He also sent me to get blood work. A LOT of blood work. We just got it back and found that I am very low in vitamin D (which I found out can be a cause of my depression... or at least be adding to it) I also found out (which I always knew but needed a Dr. to believe/verify it) that my thyroid is way off. So, in addition to the meds. he had already started me on, now I am on vitamin D3-5000, DHEA, women's 1 a day. fish oil... and some immuno cream stuff... and a thyroid pill. So first thing in the morning I take a thyroid med... then an hour later at breakfast I take 4 vitamins, and every other day do a shot.. Then at bedtime I take 2-4 more pills (depending on where I am in my cycle for the progesterone and if I need sleeping meds that night.) and when I get the cream (they were out at the pharmacy that I tried to get them from) I will be doing that 2 times a day. I have a second appointment with him on the 29th of March. He told me to plan on feeling WORSE not better when I  go for that appointment.
I am really struggling with a couple things. Number 1 (obviously) is that I am not feeling well. Not only is pain worse.. and exhaustion to the point or RIDICULOUS. Like take a shower and feel like I have run 3 miles.... Stirring meat can sometimes be too much. I can't wait till this stuff starts helping. Number 2.... Most of what I was prescribed is vitamins..soooo not covered by insurance.. also, there is 1 brand in particular that the Dr. either make themselves or just like and so push. I always get weary with stuff like that. Kinda get the feeling "is this really going to help, or are they just trying to sell their vitamins". I have promised myself, my husband and the Dr. that I would try this and keep up with it for a fair amount of time. So, here we go.
The other thing is I have been walking. Every day (except weekends and the week we were sick) since I posted that I was going to start. (can't remember the exact date, but I think it was in Jan) I have been trying to eat better.. and I have GAINED weight. I can't tell you how frustrated I am about that. I keep hoping that when my hormones, including the thyroid, get stabilized that I will start loosing. I HATE that I am back to the nasty, fat, awful, blubber covered, person that I CAN'T STAND.
So, prayer needs are: This treatment helps, and fast. That my emotions can handle it. That I can get a little reprieve from me and the kids being sick. AND we are traveling to Abq this week on Sat. and home on Tues. Which is a short trip and the trip always hurts.
Thank you God for providing this Dr. for me. Thank you for the financial ability to go to see him and to get the vitamins and meds that he wants me to take. Thank you God for giving me the strength to get through this time. Thank you for friends that want to pray for me through all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment