Monday, January 10, 2011

New Schedule

Well, I spent the weekend trying to figure out what I can do for me and the boys that will get us in a better place. I need to be in a better place emotionally, and my boys spend WAY too much time on computer/TV. Asher and I are getting seriously chunky and all the boys and I are out of shape. School takes less than an hour a day for us at this point (Ezekiel is only doing it 2 days a week...
So, here is my thought. By 10 in the morning we are all sitting around the table for Bible study time together. It is just us reading silently, but all together. That will give us accountability and togetherness. Then we are going to walk for at least 30 minutes. As we get in better shape the boys will start jogging/running. We are also looking to invest in a weight bench so hubby and the boys can work on that. Then we will do school together if the boys aren't already done for the day. Then lunch time. Then that just leaves the afternoon for laziness. :)
Today was day one and I think it went pretty well. Hopefully, this is day one of some new and better habits.

Thank you God for helping me figure out a way for the boys and I to get back on track. Thank you for giving me the desire to better us and for giving me the tools to do it. Thank you for giving us a safe neighborhood to walk/run in. Thank you for the good attitude of my kids as we go into this, and help me to stay on top of it and not get lazy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment